Philadelphia Inquirer and Daily News iPad Mini Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Promotion Description. These official rules apply to the Philadelphia Inquirer and Daily News iPad Mini Sweepstakes. The entry period for the Sweepstakes begins on November 17th, 2013 at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Standard Time ("ET") and ends on December 15th, 2013 at 11:59:59 PM Eastern StandardTime ("ET") ("Entry Period"). Philadelphia Media Network (Newspapers) LLC d/b/a Interstate General Media is the sponsor of this Sweepstakes ("Sponsor") and also responsible the overall administration of the Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes officials, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
2. Eligibility. Open only to legal residents of the state of New Jersey, Delaware and Pennsylvania and who are at least 18 years of age. Void in all other jurisdictions. Sponsor and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies, including Brite Promotions, Inc., and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the "Promotion Entities"), and members of their immediate family and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes and to be awarded any prize. For purposes of this Promotion, "immediate family" is defined as spouses, parents, stepparents, children, stepchildren, siblings, step-siblings, grandparents, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside.
3. Entry. One entry per person per day. There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes.
1. Subscribers of either the Philadelphia Inquirer or the Philadelphia Daily News may enter the Sweepstakes by accessing Inquirer.com or PhillyDailyNews.com or downloading the free digital replica edition that accompanies all print subscriptions. Not Registered? Visit Subscriber Concierge at http://myaccount.inquirer.com or http://myaccount .phillydailynews.com and link your home delivery account to access Inquirer.com or PhillyDailyNews.com or the replica edition that accompanies your print subscription. Not a Subscriber and wish to become one? Visit http://inquirer.com/ipad or call 1-800-222-2765 for subscription details. Once active, access Inquirer.com or PhillyDailyNews.com or download the free digital replica and receive one entry. Receive one Sweepstakes entry each day you access Inquirer.com, PhillyDailyNews.com or the digital replica edition that accompanies your print subscription.
2. Enter without a Subscription (Free means of entry). Enter the Sweepstakes by going to Inquirer.com or PhillyDailyNews.com and use access code "J92H" each day you want to enter. Entry will require the submission of certain personal information.
Entries in excess of one per calendar day will be disregarded. All entries must be received by Sponsor by the end of the Entry Period to be included in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor's database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
Automated , duplicate and robotic entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the entrant, and only by means of the above stated methods. Sponsor will not be responsible for lost, late or misdirected entries.
4. Privacy: All entrants acknowledge that if they are chosen as a winner, certain of their personally identifying information may be disclosed to third parties at least as required by law, including, without limitation, on a winner's list. All personal information submitted as part of the Sweepstakes may be shared by and between the Promotion Entities, and each of the Promotion Entities will use such information for marketing purposes in accordance with their respective independent online privacy policies.
5. Winner Selection: The potential winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing for the Sweepstakes will be conducted on or about December 23, 2013. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible entries received. Winners will be notified by email on or about five (5) days after the random drawing. Winners must accept a prize within ten (10) business days of notification by the means set forth in the notification. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable will result in prize forfeiture and an alternate winner shall be selected from the remaining eligible entrants, time permitting after five (5) additional days of reasonable due diligence. The potential prize winner may be required to properly complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, a Publicity Release and other documents as may be required by Sponsor including, without limitation, a federal W-9 form, (collectively "the Prize Claim Documents"). If a winner does not return the completed Prize Claim Documents within five business (5) days of receipt (or a shorter time if required by exigencies), the winner may be disqualified. No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
6. Prizes: Fifty (50) Prize winners will be selected to receive one (1) Apple iPad® Mini (16GB with retina display and Wi-Fi only access). Approximate retail value ("ARV") $399.00 per prize. TOTAL APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE FOR ALL PRIZES IN A SWEEPSTAKES: $19,500.00. One prize per winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor's good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Neither Sponsor nor Brite will replace any lost or stolen prize items. Apple, Inc. is not a sponsor of the Sweepstakes. iPad® is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. General Conditions: Entrant agrees that: a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located within the city of Philadelphia in the State of Pennsylvania; entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts, for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within the United States. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. Except where prohibited by law, each winner grants (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing, if requested to do so) permission for the Promotion Entities, their advertising and promotional agencies, and those acting under its authority to use such winner's name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the world wide web, without notice, review, approval, or additional compensation.
8. Release of Liability: By acceptance of a prize, each winner agrees that the Promotion Entities will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner, against, any and all liability for injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize, participation in this promotion, or while traveling to, preparing for or participating in any Sweepstakes-related activity. The Promotion Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property in connection with the prizes awarded.
9. Conduct: Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of any of the Sweepstakes or the Sweepstakes Site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. ANY DELIBERATE ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, BRITE AND SPONSOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Limitation of Liability: The Promotion Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay of operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Promotion Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating downloading materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor or Brite which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, perform the random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to or after such cancellation, suspension, or modification. In the event of a dispute concerning who registered online to participate in the Sweepstakes, the registration will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder which is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
11. Winner's List: To obtain a copy of any legally required winners list or a copy of the Official Rules, send the applicable request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Philadelphia Inquirer and Daily News Sweepstakes Please indicate the applicable Sweepstakes number) c/o Brite Promotions at 1930 Marlton Pike East, Suite E29 Cherry Hill, NJ 08003 Attention: Subscriber Sweepstakes Team. Request must be received no later than December 31st, 2013, for the name of the winner and, by the end of the Promotion, for a copy of the rules.
12. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Interstate General Media, 801 Market St., Suite 300, Philadelphia, PA 19107.