An article and chart on radio station revenue in yesterday's Magazine, based on estimates provided by BIA Financial Network, contained incorrect figures for WBEB-FM (101.1). The station said its audited 2005 revenue was $32 million and its 2006 revenue was $32.1 million. BIA's amended chart appears above.
In some editions of yesterday's and today's Inquirer, a review of Spider-Man 3 misidentified the actress who plays Spidey's Aunt May. She is Rosemary Harris. In addition, the Green Goblin was the villain in the original Spider-Man, not its sequel.
In a story in the sports section yesterday on the NCAA's Academic Progress report, the player who left school after his junior year at St. Joseph's University was misidentified. The correct player was Delonte West. Jameer Nelson was the only player over the three-year APR period who stayed in school for four years but did not graduate.
A headline in yesterday's editions erred by saying a Philadelphia judge wanted testimony "from '527' groups." The groups are not so-called 527 committees.
In a separate action, the city Board of Ethics has subpoenaed the leader of a 527 group.
Stations showing a revenue increase are in bold. Revenue
in millions of dollars.
Station Format 2006 2005
1. KYW-AM (1060) News $33.2 $37.1
2. WBEB-FM (101.1) Light rock $32.1* $32.0*
3. WDAS-FM (105.3) Urban adult cntmp. $26.5 $27.0
4. WMMR-FM (93.3) Rock $23.0 $16.5
5. WMGK-FM (102.9) Classic rock $17.6 $20.0
6. WOGL-FM (98.1) Classic hits $17.3 $17.4
7. WXTU-FM (92.1) Country $15.85 $14.9
8. WYSP-FM (94.1) Talk/rock $15.0 $25.4
9. WIP-AM (610) Sports talk $14.0 $15.0
10. WBEN-FM (95.7) Hits $13.3 $ 8.1
SOURCES: BIA Financial Network; * WBEBEndText