The Eagles, who had just 24 takeways in their first 15 games, forced five Cowboys turnovers and converted them into 27 points. Two of them were returned for third-quarter touchdowns by defensive end Chris Clemons and cornerback Joselio Hanson, which put away the Cowboys.
The Eagles posted 29 total takeaways in 2008 vs. just 19 in 2007. It was the second-best improvement in the NFL (Baltimore had 34 this year after posting just 23 a year ago)
The last time the Eagles recorded that many takeaways in a game was on Oct. 8, 2006 vs. Dallas.
The amazing Brian Dawkins forced both of the Cowboys' third-quarter fumbles that were returned for TDs. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, it was the first time in NFL history that a team had two fumble return touchdowns of 70-or-more yards in the same quarter. The Eagles were also the last team in the NFL to have two in the same game, when they did so on Sept. 25, 1938 vs. the Giants (Joe Carter – 92 yards; Bob Pylman – 88 yards). The last time the Eagles had two fumble recoveries returned for touchdowns in the same game was on Nov. 24, 1991 at Phoenix (Seth Joyner and Clyde Simmons)
The last time the Eagles recorded two defensive touchdowns in the same game was on Nov. 18, 2001 at Dallas (50-yard INT return by Jeremiah Trotter and a 33-yard INT return by William Hampton).
Some other defensive notes:
* Chris Clemons notched two sacks, a forced fumble, and his second fumble recovery of the season. His 73-yard fumble return was the first touchdown of his career. His two sacks tied a career high and was the second multi-sack game of his career
* CB Sheldon Brown notched his first interception of the season and the 14th of his career. Of those 14 interceptions, 11 have led to Eagles scoring drives, including a touchdown.
* Joselio Hanson's touchdown was the first of his career.
* Darren Howard finished the season with 10 sacks, marking the third time in his career he has reached double-digits (first since 2004).
* DT Trevor Laws notched his first-career fumble recovery
To read Paul Domowitch's report card from Sunday's game, click here.