Sightings, signings and tweets from the first day of the DNC:
* Busy J.J. Abrams somehow found time between the "Star Trek" franchise, the "Mission: Impossible" franchise, the "Star Wars" franchise and his new HBO series Westworld, to produce the introductory video for Michelle Obama, detailing the impact the First Lady made on children.
* Not as busy Randy Quaid produced his own video:
* Anybody flying into Philadelphia International Airport during the DNC will be greeted by the classic soul songs of Kenny Gamble and LeonHuff and the "Sound of Philadelphia." No reason to fly? The music can also be heard on the Avenue of the Arts.
* As expected, there was a Susan Sarandon sighting on the convention floor.
* Geraldo Rivera went for cover in the Fox News tent when the skies opened up last night: