It's a Rendell era reunion!
Democrat Auditor General-elect Eugene DePasquale announces his transition team and there are a lot of familiar names on it.
“We want to be ready on day one to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania, and am thrilled to have the guidance of a strong, diverse, and experienced transition team,” said DePasquale.
Former Rendell administration officials Joe Powers and Dave Myers are the committee chairs.
Powers served in a variety of roles in state government, including stints as chief of staff to the lieutenant governor and executive deputy secretary in the Department of Environmental Protection, and is currently an adjunct professor of Political Science at St. Joseph's University.
Myers, who is the Director of the O'Pake Institute for Ethics, Leadership and Public Service at Alvernia University in Reading, served in senior management positions in the Rendell and Casey administrations.
Suzanne Itzko and Liz Wagenseller are serving as co-coordinators of the transition team. Itzko formerly served as Deputy Secretary of Administration for PennDOT; Wagenseller was DePasquale’s campaign manager for his auditor general race.
Wagenseller will also serve as press contact during the transition period.
And the team is quick to add: No taxpayer funds are being expended for this transition.
Other members include:
• Abe Amoros, former DePasquale campaign chairman
• Chuck Ardo, a West Shore based communications consultant
• Charlie Bacas, a former Cabinet office under Gov. Casey and co-founder of software tool company
• Joan Benso, President and CEO, Pennsylvania Partnerships for Children
• Neal Bisno, President of SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania and Secretary-Treasurer of the SEIU PA State Council
• Ron Boston, Director of Government Relations, Triad Strategies
• Stuart W. Davidson, attorney at Willig, Williams & Davidson, representing labor unions and employee benefit plans
• Ron Deibert, former deputy auditor general
• Gerald Lawrence, attorney who represents institutions and individuals ranging from Fortune 100 companies to small businesses to individuals and is General Counsel to the Pennsylvania Democratic Party
• John Lori, controller for Vision Resources of Central Pennsylvania
• Cathy Myers, faculty member at Alvernia University
• Tony Ross, President of United Way of Pennsylvania
• Adrian E. Shanker, President of Equality Pennsylvania
• Mary Soderberg, former Budget Secretary, currently adjunct faculty at the Fels Institute at the University of Pennsylvania
• David Sweet, attorney and former member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
• Jim Wansacz, Chairman of Lackawanna County Commissioners
• Tom Weaver, former Executive Deputy Secretary of the Commonwealth
DePasquale is set to be sworn in on Jan. 15.