Myriad injuries have cluttered the Phillies' roster, and the team faces numerous decisions in the next 24 hours. A quick rundown of the postgame news following a dramatic 3-2 victory over Cincinnati:
- Carlos Ruiz will not immediately travel to Miami. He will undergo an MRI in Philadelphia to determine the extent of his right hamstring strain. A trip to the disabled list appears likely.
- Ryan Howard will also undergo an MRI on Monday in Philadelphia. He has a left knee injury that has been nagging him, he said. He will fly to Miami on Monday afternoon. Charlie Manuel does not expect him to play Monday.
- Because the team needs two healthy catchers, Humberto Quintero will join the team in Miami as insurance if Ruiz requires the DL.
- Mike Adams played catch Sunday and said his back felt "a lot better, actually." When asked if he could avoid the disabled list, Adams dodged the question. The timing of the other injuries complicates things. If Ruiz's examination reveals a significant injury, then he will be disabled to add Quintero. If it's an injury that needs a few days, then Adams could go on the DL to clear space.
- Tyler Cloyd will start Tuesday and a corresponding roster move must be made before that game to add him.
- Additionally, pitching prospect Adam Morgan will not start as scheduled for triple-A Lehigh Valley on Monday because of an unspecified injury, The Allentown Morning Call reported.