Question: I am on parole and unemployed. How can I pay for health care or insurance with no income?


Answer: Dear Robert,

With no income, you may qualify for Medicaid. If you live in Pennsylvania, you should contact the Department of Public Welfare, 1-866-550-4355, to find out how to apply. If you do not qualify now, you may after January 1, when Governor Corbett's Healthy Pennsylvania program to expand Medicaid is scheduled to go into effect. If you live in New Jersey, you should contact the Division of Medical Assistance & Health Services of the Department of Human Services, 1-800-356-1561.

Robert I. Field, Ph.D., J.D., M.P.H.

is a professor of law at the Drexel University School of Law and professor of health management and policy at the School of Public Health at Drexel University. Rob and the expert panel of

» READ MORE: The Field Clinic blog

are available to respond to your questions on health care.