The last of five defendants in the heinous attack on an unsuspecting mother trying to board a SEPTA train in April was held for trial yesterday on all charges.

Tamira Sinkler, 20, who was charged with aggravated assault, simple assault, recklessly endangering another person, robbery, conspiracy and theft in the April 2 attack on 24-year-old Tyesha Tazwell, said nothing at her preliminary hearing before Municipal Court Judge Karen Simmons.

Tazwell, who testified at a previous hearing on Sept. 5 for two other defendants, Stanley Poland and Christine Wearry, returned yesterday to recount the springtime attack on an underground walkway near the Gallery mall at 8th and Market streets that left her with significant vision loss, hair loss and a slipped disc.

Poland and Wearry were held for trial on similar charges Sept. 5.

Yesterday, Tazwell testified that about 8 p.m. on April 2, she was leaving the mall after buying clothes for her son and was going to get on the train when she passed a group of people.

One of the girls she passed said, "Excuse me."

Tazwell thought she had dropped something so she turned toward the girl, who said, "Watch your mouth."

Then, the beating began, Tazwell testified.

"I was kicked and punched a number of different times by a number of different individuals," Tazwell said of the group. All were wearing the same T-shirts with the words, "Watch your mouth" emblazoned on them.

When the beating stopped, Tazwell's purse, which contained money and credit cards, and the clothing she had bought for her son were gone, she said.

Sinkler's attorney, Mary Maran, declined to comment after yesterday's proceedings.

Assistant District Attorney Jennifer Mitrick said after yesterday's hearing that she was pleased with the judge's ruling and said prosecutors now will be able to link the cases since all of the defendants were held for trial.

The two juvenile attackers charged in the incident had their cases sent to Family Court, court records showed.

A 17-year-old boy was found guilty of simple assault and sent to a juvenile-placement facility, according to court records.

Charges, meanwhile, were withdrawn against the other juvenile, a 16-year-old girl, because Tazwell failed to appear at her May 7 hearing, the records indicate.

"This was a vicious attack, she was outnumbered and vulnerable because she was by herself," Mitrick said of the attack. *

Staff writer Julie Shaw contributed to this report.