Denver Nuggets guard Allen Iverson had 51 points and eight assists in a 111-107 loss to the visiting Los Angeles Lakers last night.
Iverson shot 18-for-27 from the field and 15-for-18 from the line.
It was the 11th time that Iverson has scored 50 or more points in a game. His highest total was 60, which he scored against Orlando in 2005 while playing for the Sixers.
Kobe Bryant's 25 points led LA.
In other games:
* At Washington, Caron Butler had 27 points to lead the Wizards over Cleveland, 105-86. It was the Cavaliers' fourth straight loss without LeBron James (sprained finger). Before the game, Cleveland matched Charlotte's $17 million, 3-year offer sheet for 6-10 restricted free agent Anderson Varejao.
* At Toronto, Leandro Barbosa scored 35 points and Steve Nash had 18 assists as Phoenix downed the Raptors, 136-123.
* At Charlotte, Luol Deng scored 30 points to help Chicago send the Bobcats to their seventh straight loss, 91-82.
* At East Rutherford, N.J., Jamal Crawford scored 29 points to lead the New York Knicks to a 100-93 win over the Nets. Stephon Marbury missed the game because his father's funeral is today. The Nets were without Jason Kidd, who the team said had a migraine. A source, however, said he was staging a protest over his contract.
* At New Orleans, Richard Hamilton scored 21 points as Detroit beat the Hornets, 91-76.
* At Houston, Yao Ming and Bonzi Wells each scored 24 points to lead the Rockets over Memphis, 105-92.
* At Oakland, Stephen Jackson and Baron Davis scored 20 apiece and Golden State routed Milwaukee, 120-90.
* At Seattle, Kevin Durant (19 points) and Nick Collison (17) led the SuperSonics to a 95-88 win over the Los Angeles Clippers.