NEW YORK - The 76ers' weekend tussles with the New York Knicks produced two impressive wins and one scary moment.

Last night's 105-77 victory over the Knicks at Madison Square Garden gave the Sixers their first consecutive wins and improved their record to 7-13.

While the Sixers were clearly happy with one of their most impressive showings of the season, they were concerned after point guard Lou Williams was leveled by Knicks forward David Lee while driving the lane with 3 minutes, 30 seconds remaining in the third quarter.

Williams took a hard spill. Lee was assessed a flagrant foul 1, which gave the Sixers two free throws plus the ball.

Williams made 1 of 2 free throws and was taken out of the game. The Sixers said that he had a headache and was able to return. But the lead was so big in the fourth quarter that he wasn't needed. Williams finished with seven points.

After the game, he said he had landed on his shoulder and head but was fine.

"It was scary, because initially I was extremely dizzy and couldn't walk a straight line," Williams said. "After everything settled down and the adrenaline wore down, I was fine."

Still, it gave coach Maurice Cheeks a moment of concern.

"It was pretty scary when he went down, as high as he was, and he came down as hard," Cheeks said. "It looked like he hit his head and his head turned, and it was a bad fall and a bad hit."

Kyle Korver, who scored 14 points, said everyone was worried.

"He was so high in the air when he fell, and it was really scary at first," Korver said.

Willie Green contributed 18 points and Andre Iguodala scored 17.

Andre Miller had 11 points and 10 assists. It was Miller's third straight double-digit assist effort.

The 76ers discovered this weekend the benefit of fresh legs. For the second straight game, Cheeks went deeper to the bench with favorable results.

It produced the second win over the Knicks in slightly more than a 24-hour period. But the fact that both came against New York (6-13) should not diminish the accomplishment.

During Friday's 101-90 victory over New York at the Wachovia Center, no Sixer played as many as 37 minutes.

Last night, Cheeks kept going to his bench. When Kevin Ollie was inserted with 8.6 seconds left in the first half, all 12 players had appeared in the game.

"I think that was the difference, using a lot of guys like we did the night before, giving them more rest, and certain guys were fresher for tonight's game," Cheeks said.

Rookie Thaddeus Young had another strong effort in his brief first-half appearance, with four points in a little more than four minutes. He finished with 14 points.

The momentum from Friday's win carried over to the beginning of the game. Sixers forward Reggie Evans, despite favoring his right shoulder, had 10 rebounds - in the first quarter. Evans, who finished with 14 boards, outrebounded the Knicks, 10-6, in the opening period.

Chants of "Fire Isiah," referring to Isiah Thomas, the Knicks' coach and president of basketball operations, started with less than five minutes left in the third quarter.

Led by point guard Nate Robinson, the Knicks cut a 20-point deficit to 12 late in the third quarter, but the Sixers got consecutive treys by Iguodala and Korver to take a 75-57 lead entering the fourth period.

See video highlights of last night's Sixers victory on CineSport