Scott Gomez scored twice and the New York Rangers held visiting Pittsburgh to five shots through two periods en route to blanking the Penguins, 4-0.
Henrik Lundqvist, back in goal after sitting out one game with the flu, needed to make only 18 saves for his sixth shutout of the season and 13th of his career.
Martin Straka and Chris Drury each had a goal and assist, and Michal Rozsival set up three goals for New York, which was 1-4-1 in its previous six and allowed 24 goals in those losses.
It marked the first time the Penguins were blanked this season.
In other games:
* At Raleigh, N.C., Scott Walker scored in overtime after the Hurricanes scored twice in the final 1:25 of regulation to give Carolina a 3-2 victory over Toronto.
* At Columbus, Jarome Iginla scored his team-leading 24th goal and Miikka Kiprusoff made 36 saves to help Calgary extend its winning streak to sixth in a row, beating the Blue Jackets, 3-1.
* At Boston, Jason Spezza scored a pair of goals to lead Ottawa to its sixth straight win, beating the Bruins, 3-2.
* At St. Paul, Minn., Marian Gaborik, Eric Belanger and Brian Rolston all scored in the third period to bring Minnesota back from two goals down and give coach Jacques Lemaire a victory in his 1,000th career game, 3-2, over Nashville.
* At Montreal, Jozef Stumpel and Brett McLean scored first-period goals and Tomas Vokoun made 23 saves as Florida defeated the Canadiens, 3-2.
* At Atlanta, Garnet Exelby, Mark Recchi and Slava Kozlov each scored first-period goals to help the Thrashers end their four-game losing streak, 6-2, over the Tampa Bay Lightning.
* At Edmonton, Sergei Zubov scored the only goal in a shootout to lift Dallas over the Oilers, 2-1.
* At San Jose, Bobby Ryan, of Cherry Hill, N.J., scored as Anaheim defeated the Sharks, 2-0.