THE LINEUP . . .
* Fifteen Army/Navy Games, "Philadelphia's Bowl Game"
* Two U.S. National Soccer Team games, against Soviet club team DNEPR at Franklin Field in 1989, and against Sheffield Wednesday at Veterans Stadium in 1991
* Several major international soccer matches at Lincoln Financial Field, including FIFA Women's World Cup matches in 2003
* The NHL All-Star Game in 1992
* Baseball's All-Star Game in 1996
* The NBA All-Star Game in 2002
* ESPN X Games, in 2001 and 2002
* The U.S. Figure Skating Championships and Olympic Trials at the Wachovia Center in 1998, starring Michele Kwan and many Olympic hopefuls
* Numerous men's and women's NCAA Basketball Tournament matchups, highlighted by the 1991 Duke/Kentucky Eastern Regional Final overtime thriller at the Spectrum. Sports Illustrated calls it the greatest college basketball game of all time, and ESPN included it as No. 17 in its top 100 sports moments of the past 25 years.
* The 2000 NCAA Women's Basketball Final Four, featuring a Tennessee/Connecticut championship game and a matchup of coaches Pat Summitt and Geno Auriemma (what better for this city that a duel between Pat's and Geno's teams?)
* Gymnastics events, including the 2001 U.S. Championships and 2006 Tyson American Cup. The 2008 U.S. Olympic Team Trials for gymnastics will take place at the Wachovia Center next June.
* USA Table Tennis Olympic and national team trials, to be held Jan. 8-11, 2008, at the Daskalakis Athletic Center on the Drexel campus.
* NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championships, in 2005 and '06, and the NCAA Women's Lacrosse Championships in '07.
* Sports-related conventions, including the National Soccer Coaches Association, U.S. Lacrosse, National Sports Forum, U.S. Youth Soccer Association and U.S. Olympic Committee Board of Directors.
* A variety of other events, including Dragon Boat Racing
. . . AND ON DECK
Jan. 10-13, 2008: USA Table Tennis Olympic and national team trials, Daskalakis Center, Drexel
June 19-22, 2008: U.S. gymnastics trials, Wachovia Center
Before Aug. 8, 2008, USA boxing event, details to be announced
Aug. 8, 2008: Opening of Beijing Olympics celebration, details to be announced
Dec. 6, 2008: Army vs. Navy, Lincoln Financial Field
Dec. 5, 2009: Army vs. Navy, Lincoln Financial Field
2010 and beyond: There is no contract now, but Sports Congress executive director Larry Needle said he expects the academies will want to start talking during the first 6 months of '08. "We've certainly let them know that we would very much like to continue hosting the game and remaining the home to Army-Navy," he said.
March 19 and 21, 2009: First and second rounds of NCAA Division I men's basketball tournament, Wachovia Center
March 17-19, 2011: NCAA Division I Wrestling Championships, Wachovia Center