THIS WEEK'S RACE
Best Buy 400 Benefiting Student Clubs for Autism Dover International Speedway Dover, Del. When: Sunday, 2 p.m. TV/Radio: Fox/WXTU (92.5-FM), WNPV (1440-AM)
Best Buy 400 Benefiting Student Clubs for Autism
Dover International Speedway
When: Sunday, 2 p.m.
TV/Radio: Fox/WXTU (92.5-FM), WNPV (1440-AM)
Race course: 1-mile oval
Race distance: 400 miles/400 laps
Last year's race winner:
Martin Truex Jr.
Last year's pole winner:
Ryan Newman, 152.925 mph
Track qualifying record:
Jeremy Mayfield, 161.522 mph (June 2004)
Track facts: Newman was runner-up in last year's race; Carl Edwards was third. Edwards won the fall race at Dover . . . Truex' victory last year was his first in the Cup series . . . Newman (2003) is the last driver to sweep Dover's races. Newman also won the fall 2004 race . . . With sixth- and seventh-place finishes in the last two races, Matt Kenseth has climbed to 16th in points. He is 190 points out of the 12th and final Chase for the Championship spot. Kenseth has qualified for all four previous Chases . . . The weekend kicks off with the Craftsman Truck Series race tomorrow at 5 p.m. The Nationwide race is Saturday at 3 p.m.
Wins: Kyle Busch and Carl Edwards, 3 each; Jeff Burton, Clint Bowyer, Denny Hamlin, Jimmie Johnson, Kasey Kahne, Ryan Newman, 1 each.
SPRINT CUP STANDINGS
1. Kyle Busch. . . 11,860-
2. Jeff Burton. . . 21,766-94
3. Dale Earnhardt Jr.. . . 31,721-139
4. Denny Hamlin. . . 41,596-264
5. Clint Bowyer. . . 51,578-282
6. Carl Edwards. . . 71,538-322
7. Kevin Harvick. . . 91,517-343
8. Tony Stewart. . . 81,511-349
9. Jimmie Johnson. . . 61,493-367
10. Jeff Gordon. . . 101,486-374
11. Greg Biffle. . . 111,483-377
12. Kasey Kahne. . . 141,454-406
13. David Ragan. . . 121,398-462
14. Ryan Newman. . . 131,369-491
15. Martin Truex Jr.. . . 151,291-569
16. Matt Kenseth. . . 201,264-596
17. Juan Montoya. . . 161,263-597
18. Bobby Labonte. . . 191,258-602
19.Travis Kvapil. . . 181,240-620
20. Brian Vickers. . . 171,203-657
Up next: Pocono 500, June 8, Pocono Raceway, Long Pond, Pa., 2 p.m.; TV: TNT.
- Bill Fleischman