METTA WORLD Peace was subdued and contrite in the Lakers' locker room, apologizing to Oklahoma City's James Harden for throwing the elbow that sent them both to the locker room in the second quarter.
They both missed a beauty of a game that could echo into the playoffs for two division leaders.
Kobe Bryant scored six of his 26 points in the second overtime alongside an unorthodox Lakers lineup, and Los Angeles rallied from an 18-point deficit in the second half for a 114-106 victory Sunday over the visiting Thunder.
"Being down double digits against a very good team, we could have folded easily," Lakers coach Mike Brown said.
Pau Gasol had 20 points, 14 rebounds and nine assists for the Lakers, who made an impressive comeback in their regular-season home finale against off-target Thunder stars Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, who combined to miss 42 of their 56 shots.
In other games *
At Atlanta, Carmelo Anthony scored 39 points, and the New York Knicks outlasted the Hawks, 113-112, in a game between two playoff-bound teams still battling for postseason seeding.
* At Miami, LeBron James had 32 points and eight rebounds and the Heat pulled away in the final minutes to beat Houston, 97-88, and eliminate the Rockets from postseason contention.
* At Minneapolis, Charles Jenkins had 24 points and nine assists to rally Golden State from a 21-point deficit to beat Minnesota, 93-88.
* At Auburn Hills, Mich., reserve Ben Gordon scored 19 points, including the go-ahead basket, to help the Detroit Pistons beat the Toronto Raptors, 76-73.
* At Charlotte, DeMarcus Cousins had 29 points and 10 rebounds, and Sacramento handed the Bobcats their 20th straight loss with a 114-88 win.
* At San Antonio, Manu Ginobili scored 20 points to lead the Spurs to their seventh straight victory, 114-98 over Cleveland.
* At Denver, Ty Lawson had 10 assists and 13 points and Danilo Gallinari scored 17 to lead the Nuggets over Orlando, 101-74.
* At Los Angeles, former Villanova star Randy Foye had 24 points as the Clippers held off New Orleans, 107-98.