SACRAMENTO center DeMarcus Cousins has been diagnosed with viral meningitis and will be sidelined at least another week.
The Kings said last night that Cousins' symptoms are stable and a full recovery is expected. He has sat out the last five games with what the team initially called a viral infection, which sent him to the hospital for tests last week.
Sacramento plays Utah tonight and visits the Los Angeles Lakers tomorrow before hosting Houston on Thursday and Detroit on Saturday. Cousins is not expected to play in any of those games.
Cousins is averaging career highs of 23.5 points, 12.6 rebounds and 1.5 blocks. Sacramento has gone 1-4 since Cousins has been out.
* LeBron James says he is looking for an "I Can't Breathe" shirt, and he could wear it before a game like Derrick Rose did. Rose warmed up in the shirt Saturday before Chicago played Golden State. It refers to a New York man who died July 17 after a police officer placed him in a chokehold when he was being arrested for selling loose, untaxed cigarettes.
A recording of the arrest showed Eric Garner gasping, "I can't breathe" during the fatal encounter, and thousands have protested a grand jury decision not to indict the officer since the announcement on Wednesday. James called the shirt "spectacular" Sunday, when Cleveland practiced before its game tonight in Brooklyn. Britain's Prince William and Princess Kate are scheduled to attend the game.
* Brooklyn center Brook Lopez has a strained lower back and will miss at least a week. The Nets said that Lopez would miss their game tonight against Cleveland and that he would be re-evaluated in a week.
* At Memphis, Jon Leuer scored a season-high 20 points and matched his career best with 12 rebounds to lead the Grizzlies to a 103-87 victory over the Miami Heat. Dwyane Wade scored 25 points in Miami's fourth straight loss.
* At Atlanta, Paul Millsap scored 23 points, Kyle Korver added 15 and the Hawks won their sixth straight game with a 96-84 victory over the Denver Nuggets. Wilson Chandler finished with a season-high 29 points for the Nuggets.
* At Boston, Jeff Green scored 25 points, reserve Marcus Thornton had 21 and the Celtics nearly blew a 25-point third-quarter lead before beating the Washington Wizards, 101-93, in Paul Pierce's return. Pierce, who played for Boston for 15 seasons, scored 16 points for the Wizards.
* At Auburn Hills, Mich., Kevin Durant scored 28 points, Russell Westbrook added 22 points and 11 rebounds, and the Oklahoma City Thunder beat the Detroit Pistons, 96-94.
* At New York, LaMarcus Aldridge scored 24 points and the Portland Trail Blazers regrouped after blowing a 10-point lead in the fourth quarter to beat the Knicks, 103-99, for their fourth straight victory.
* At Dallas, Chandler Parsons scored 28 points and the Mavericks rolled to a 125-102 victory over the Milwaukee Bucks.