THE GOLDEN STATE Warriors have released new renderings for their planned San Francisco arena after the last design became a social-media punchline for its resemblance to a toilet.
The updated concepts announced by the Warriors yesterday show a more curved look for the arena. Much of the viewing deck next to the arena - which together previously gave the aerial appearance of a giant toilet seat with the lid down - is now gone.
The new renderings for the privately funded project - expected to cost more than $1 billion - in the city's Mission Bay neighborhood also show a waterfront park across the street and two public plazas. The team said the arena will seat 18,064 and is expected to open by the start of the 2018-19 season.
The Warriors played their first nine seasons in San Francisco after moving from Philadelphia in 1962. They have played across San Francisco Bay in Oakland since the 1971-72 season.
* At Charlotte, Al Jefferson had 23 points and 14 rebounds, and the Hornets withstood Boston's fourth-quarter rally and beat the Celtics, 96-87.
Rajon Rondo had a triple-double with 12 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists for the Celtics. Jeff Green and Thornton led Boston with 16 points each.
* At Indianapolis, Jamal Crawford scored 18 points and DeAndre Jordan grabbed a season-high 19 rebounds, helping the Los Angeles Clippers hold off the Indiana Pacers, 103-96. Los Angeles won its ninth straight and ended a four-game skid against Indiana.
C.J. Miles scored 30 points and Lavoy Allen had 14 for Indiana, which has lost six straight.
* At Orlando, Bradley Beal converted Andre Miller's lob pass at the buzzer to lift the Washington Wizards to a 91-89 victory over the Magic. John Wall led the Wizards with 21 points and 11 assists.
Victor Oladipo had 17 points to lead the Magic, which led 89-84 after Tobias Harris' dunk with 1:37 left in the game. Wizards forward Rasual Butler's free throw with 16 seconds left tied the score at 89. Oladipo missed a jumper and Washington rebounded with 0.8 seconds left. Miller came off the bench and threw the lob pass at the rim. Beal outjumped Oladipo and laid it in as the buzzer sounded.
* At Dallas, Monta Ellis scored 13 of his 26 points in the final 5 minutes and the Mavericks outlasted the New Orleans Pelicans, 112-107. Dirk Nowitzki, Chandler Parsons and Devin Harris scored 20 points each for Dallas. Anthony Davis scored 31 points and added 11 rebounds for the Pelicans, and Jrue Holiday added a season-high 30 points and 10 assists.
* At Chicago, Derrick Rose scored 23 points, Pau Gasol had 16 points and 16 rebounds, and the balanced Bulls beat the Brooklyn Nets, 105-80. Deron Williams had 17 points to lead Brooklyn, which lost its third straight.
* At Minneapolis, Andrew Wiggins had 23 points, 10 rebounds and four assists as the Minnesota Timberwolves stunned the Portland Trail Blazers, 90-82. Corey Brewer had 19 points, eight rebounds, five assists and five steals for the Timberwolves, who snapped a six-game losing streak.