AS OKLAHOMA'S scoring run against Weber State grew last night, coach Lon Kruger knew his No. 19 Sooners were executing well, but he wasn't aware they were in the process of setting an NCAA Division I record.
Oklahoma set an NCAA Division I record with 39 straight points, to rout visiting Weber State, 85-51.
Oklahoma was led by Jordan Woodard and Ryan Spangler, who each scored 15 points.
"You're aware, of course, there's a really good run going on, but you don't stop to think about the numbers, necessarily," Kruger said.
Oklahoma (8-3) broke the previous record for a scoring run against a Division I opponent of 37 points, set by Utah State vs. Idaho on Feb. 15, 2006. Oklahoma's run turned a 10-4 lead into a 49-4 margin.
* At California, Nigel Hayes had 17 points and 13 rebounds, and No. 6 Wisconsin (11-1) won easily, 68-56.
* At Baylor, freshman Johnathan Motley had 19 points and Rico Gathers had 16 points with 11 rebounds and the No. 22 Bears ( 10-1) held on to win their first game this season as a ranked team, 70-66, over Southern.
* At West Virginia, Juwan Staten had 17 points and 10 rebounds to lead the No. 18 Mountaineers (11-1) to a 77-44 win over Wofford.
* At St. John's, Chris Obekpa had 16 points, eight rebounds and seven blocked shots to lead the No. 17 Red Storm (101-) to a 66-49 win over Long Beach State.
* At TCU, Kyan Anderson scored 17 points and the No. 25 Horned Frogs (12-0) beat Grambling State, 80-39, in theier first game as a ranked team in almost 16 years.
* At Notre Dame, Pat Connaughton had 21 points and 10 rebounds, leading the No. 16 Fighting Irish (12-1) to a 91-66 win over Northern Illinois.
* At Ohio State, reserve guard Kam Williams scored 18 points and the No. 21 Buckeyes (10-2) went on a 26-3 run in the first half on the way to beating Miami (Ohio), 93-55.
* At Colorado State, Daniel Bejarano scored 15 points and the No. 24 Rams (12-0) beat Charleston Southern, 75-54.
* At State College, D.J. Newbill scored 17 points and the Nittany Lions (12-1) defeated Dartmouth, 69-49, for their 10th straight win.