BALTIMORE - Drexel controlled most of the first half in Friday night's matchup with College of Charleston, but the second half was a much different story.

The injury-plagued Dragons, who dressed only seven players, held a five-point halftime lead but appeared to tire as the College of Charleston ended their season with a 56-48 victory in a first-round Colonial Athletic Association tournament game at Royal Farms Arena on Friday night.

Seventh-seeded Drexel finished with an 11-19 record. The College of Charleston (9-23), the 10th (and lowest) seed will meet No. 2 seed UNC Wilmington in a quarterfinal Saturday at 6 p.m.

The injury-plagued Dragons were again playing without top scorer Damion Lee (broken hand), and they couldn't get enough offensive punch, especially in the closing minutes, as Charleston scored 12 of the game's final 16 points.

Drexel led the entire first half and shot 47 percent from the field. The Dragons held a 29-24 lead at the break but started to look tired.

The Cougars stepped up the pace in the second half and, despite having their own shooting issues, outscored the Dragons, 32-19, in those final 20 minutes to pull off the upset. Drexel shot just 32 percent in the second half.

Freddie Wilson led Drexel with 17 points, while Tavon Allen added 15, but both players did most of their damage in the first half.

Canyon Barry (19 points), son of former NBA star Rick Barry, scored six straight points in the crucial, 8-0 run that gave the Cougars a 52-46 lead with 33.3 seconds left.

Drexel scored the game's first four points. The Dragons led by as many as nine points and were up by eight with just over a minute left before Charleston's Joe Chealey made a jumper and later a free throw to cut the lead to 29-24 at the break.

Allen scored 11 of his points in the first 13 minutes, and Wilson hit three three-pointers - including two bank shots - during that first half to keep the Dragons in control.

Drexel did a good job of controlling the pace in the first half, but the Cougars tried to speed things up in the second.

Charleston took its first lead when Anthony Stitt hit a three-pointer for a 42-41 edge with 9 minutes, 31 seconds left in the game.

Drexel made just two baskets after that.