Will you be traveling with family during this holiday season? These five tips might help ease the way.
1. Before you go. Preprogram directions. Confirm routes, reservations, and flight schedules. Print out boarding passes. Fully charge all electronics.
2. On the road. Depart knowing your vehicle is roadworthy. Have blankets, drinks, snacks, music, and games at the ready for young travelers. Access apps that will keep you apprised of treacherous weather, accidents, and unexpected road closures.
3. At the airport. Travel light, making security checks and boarding as stress-free as possible. Children 12 and younger no longer must remove their shoes.
4. In the air. At least one adult in your family should take advantage of early-boarding options so your in-flight space will be well-organized. Be sure to have snacks, a change of clothes, and books or games within easy reach.
5. At your destination. If you are staying in a hotel or resort, be sure to have easy access to your booking confirmation codes. Confirm and clarify the method with which you will gain access to the residence well in advance.