INDIANAPOLIS - Danicamania has returned to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

A week after fans booed the popular driver, track security had to turn folks away from a Danica Patrick autograph session at the track Saturday.

Fans turned on Patrick after she blamed a poor qualifying run on her crew and the car's setup during an interview that was broadcast over the track's public-address system.

On Saturday, however, plenty of fans wanted a chance to meet her. She had one of the longest lines, rivaled only by defending Indianapolis 500 winner Helio Castroneves.

In fact, lines for the two most popular IndyCar drivers were so long that security cut them off well before the autograph session's 9 a.m. start.

Spectacle time. Brian Barnhart wants Sunday's Indianapolis 500 to live up to its name: "The Greatest Spectacle in Racing." The IndyCar Series president of competition and racing operations wants the drivers in 11 rows of three during the three laps preceding the start of Sunday's race.

"I want to return to the spectacle and beauty of the field of 33 preparing for the greatest race in the world," he said, to loud cheers, during the drivers' meeting. "I want to see 11 rows of three for three laps, not single file for 21/2 laps. Remember, they're called parade laps, and parade laps are to thank the fans," he said. "The fans will be waving to you. Wave back."

Keeping a promise. Paul Tracy promised to come back to the Brickyard for the 500 even though the outspoken Canadian driver failed to qualify.

He kept his promise, but not after a little passport trouble back in Toronto that included a startling confession.

To get his passport renewed, Tracy needed a new picture. He pulled into a camping store to get it taken care of when he and the store clerk started talking. The clerk recognized Tracy and asked him if he remembered having a dirt motorbike stolen back in 1986. Tracy thought for a moment.

"I said, 'I did get a dirt bike stolen out of my garage like 25 years ago,' " Tracy said. "The guy goes, 'Yeah, my buddy did it. I'm sorry. I just couldn't keep it inside.' "

Tracy's response? "Tell him he can keep it," Tracy said.

NASCAR

CONCORD, N.C. - Kyle Busch won the Nationwide race at Charlotte Motor Speedway, his second straight victory in NASCAR's second-tier series. Busch, the defending series champion, battled back from two laps down Saturday for his fifth win of the season. He has won four of the last eight events.

Brad Keselowski finished second, followed by Joey Logano, Justin Allgaier, Ryan Newman, and Kevin Harvick.

Busch went a lap down after an unscheduled pit stop early and dropped another lap when he got penalized for speeding on pit road.

He responded by telling his crew not to worry about being so far back.

"I've never done this before. Let's do it," he said. He did.