ON THE DAY before Christmas, we find ourselves in a gift-giving mood. To that end, we've drawn up a list of things to hand out to players, coaches, front-office types, teams and fans.
* To Eagles quarterback Mark Sanchez: A door that won't hit him on the way out
* To the Flyers, Sixers, Eagles and Phillies charities: A successful record-setting year that allows them to help more people than ever before.
* To the Sixers: A new mascot, Thomas The Tank Engine.
* To the City Six basketball coaches: A healthy thank you for your work with Coaches vs. Cancer.
* To New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie: A Cowboys' loss in the first round of the playoffs.
* To Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr.: A team that will take Ryan Howard.
* To Phillies fans: A team without Ruben Amaro Jr.
* To the Flyers: An instructional video on how to execute the penalty kill.
* To Eagles cornerback Bradley Fletcher: A trade to a team that doesn't play Dez Bryant twice a season.
* To the Taney Little League team: A tip of the cap for taking us on a great World Series ride.
* To Villanova quarterback John Robertson: A chance to follow in the NFL footsteps of former Wildcats Howie Long and Brian Westbrook.
Need a way to pay off those holiday credit card bills?
Playoff-bound Denver fumbled a chance to clinch homefield advantage throughout the postseason with a loss to the Bengals on Monday night. They're still fighting to secure a bye on Sunday against visiting Oakland.
Yesterday, the money line on the 3-12 Raiders was as high as plus $1,200. That means a winning $100 wager on Oakland would return 12 crisp Ben Franklins.
But beware. While the Raiders have won three of their last five, they are winless on the road this season.