With the field just about finalized for the PGA Tour's 120-man AT & T National, which will be played at Newtown Square's Aronimink Golf Club July 1-4, who will join Tiger Woods as he finally makes his Philadelphia-area golfing debut?
Right now, 114 names are on the commitment list, which does not become official until June 25. West Chester's Sean O'Hair, an Aronimink member, and Jim Furyk, who was born in West Chester, grew up in Lancaster and hosted the very successful 1-day Exelon Invitational from 1998 to 2009, figured to play here all along, given those local ties.
Here are some of the other better-known names scheduled to play:
* K.J. Choi, who won the inaugural AT & T 3 years ago at Bethesda (Md.) Country Club, which will again be the host in 2012 after it holds next year's U.S. Open.
* Lucas Glover, who will be defending his U.S. Open title this week at Pebble Beach.
* Vijay Singh, who's won three majors, the last coming at the 2004 PGA Championship at Whistling Straits (which is also the venue this August).
* Ricky Barnes, a former U.S. Amateur champ who nearly won last year's U.S. Open.
* Steve Elkington, the 1995 PGA winner.
* Justin Leonard, the 1997 British Open winner.
* Hunter Mahan, J.B. Holmes and Boo Weekley, who joined Furyk and Leonard on the victorious 2008 U.S. Ryder Cup team.
* Dustin Johnson, who won at Pebble Beach in February for the second straight time.
* Ryan Moore, another U.S. Amateur champ.
* Brandt Snedeker, who won the U.S. Amateur Public Links title at South Jersey's Blue Heron Pines in 2003.
* Lee Janzen, who won U.S. Opens in 1993 and 1998.
* Ricky Fowler, who played at Merion last year for the victorious U.S. Walker Cup team.
Anthony Kim, who finished runner-up to Woods in the event a year ago, is recovering from thumb surgery.
Woods remains by far the main draw. But just in case you can't be one of the 25,000 or so trying to follow his group each day, at least you will have some decent viewing options.
For ticket info, go to www.attnational.org. Tickets start at $20.
Here are the players who have made commitments to the AT&T National, at Aronomink, July 1-4. Players have until June 25 to commit or withdraw.
Blake Adams, Michael Allen, Robert Allenby, Byeong-Hun An, Stuart Appleby, Arjun Atwal, Briny Baird, Rich Barcelo, Ricky Barnes, Cameron Beckman, Matt Bettencourt, Henrik Bjornstad, Kris Blanks, Jason Bohn, Jonathan Byrd.
Alex Cejka, Greg Chalmers, K.J. Choi, Daniel Chopra, Chad Collins, Michael Connell, Chris Couch, Ben Crane, Brian Davis, Brendon de Jonge, Graham DeLaet, James Driscoll, Jason Dufner, Joe Durant.
Steve Elkington, Bob Estes, Matt Every, Steve Flesch, Harrison Frazar, Jim Furyk, Brian Gay, Tom Gillis, Lucas Glover, Mathew Goggin, Paul Goydos, Nathan Green, J.P. Hayes, J.J. Henry, Charley Hoffman, J.B. Holmes, Charles Howell III.
Ryuji Imada, Dustin Johnson, Richard S. Johnson, Matt Jones, Jerry Kelly, Skip Kendall, Derek Lamely, Marc Leishman, Justin Leonard, Michael Letzig, Spencer Levin, Jarrod Lyle, Will MacKenzie, Hunter Mahan, Steve Marino, Troy Matteson, Billy Mayfair, Scott McCarron, George McNeill, Troy Merritt, Bryce Molder, Ryan Moore.
Kevin Na, James Nitties, Sean O'Hair, Joe Ogilvie, Jeff Overton, Rod Pampling, Cameron Percy, Pat Perez, Tom Pernice Jr., Tim Petrovic, Scott Piercy, D.A. Points, Aron Price, Alex Prugh, Ted Purdy, Brett Quigley, Jeff Quinney, Chris Riley, John Senden, Webb Simpson, Jeev Milkha Singh, Vijay Singh, Brandt Snedeker, Kevin Stadler, Kevin Streelman, Chris Stroud, Brian Stuard.