Entertaining on a tight budget probably isn't something Sean "Diddy" Combs worries about.
But that doesn't mean the musician/entrepreneur doesn't bring some rules to the party.
Here are his Top 10 tips for a great holiday gathering.
10. Your party spot has to set the tone for the night. It creates the blueprint for the entire evening.
9. Make sure you have a great bartender, because bad drinks aren't sexy.
8. Food should never interrupt your swagger. Small, tapas or finger foods that aren't too messy tend to work well.
7. Music should be a soundtrack for the night. It should match the theme and the flow.
6. Preserve the sexy. Diddy calls this his "oldest and truest party rule. If it's about furs and diamonds, don't show up in jeans."
5. The right party people are key. Invite tried and true friends who know how to get your party started - mixed with a few new characters to keep things exciting.
4. If it's a New Year's Eve gig, wear a great pair of shades, because the best New Year's Eve party doesn't stop until well into the New Year.
3. "You need a great host - like me," says Diddy. But since he's probably not available, it's up to you to become "a master in the art of celebration."
2. Diddy's promoting Ciroc vodka, so he'd like you to serve some. Enough said.