Michigan International Speedway
When: Sunday, 2 p.m.
TV/Radio: TNT/WXTU (92.5-FM), WNPV (1440-AM)
Race course: 2-mile oval
Race distance: 400 miles/200 laps
Last year's race winner:
Last year's pole winner:
J.J. Yeley, 187.505 mph
Track qualifying record: Ryan Newman, 194.232 mph (June 2005)
Track facts: Martin Truex Jr. was runner-up in last year's race; Tony Stewart was third . . . Bill Elliott has the most wins (seven) at Michigan among active drivers, but his last W at the track was in 1989. Mark Martin has four wins at the track; Bobby Labonte has three W's . . . Kurt Busch won the August race at MIS last year . . . Matt Kenseth continues climbing toward another berth in the Chase. He is 15th in points, 34 points out of 12th place, the final Chase qualifying spot. In the last four races, he has three top-10 finishes, including a fourth at Dover . . .
Clint Bowyer's last three finishes of 25th, 36th and 39th have dropped him from fifth to 11th place.
Wins: Kyle Busch, 4; Carl Edwards, 3; Kasey Kahne, 2; Jeff Burton, Denny Hamlin, Jimmie Johnson, Clint Bowyer, Ryan Newman, 1 each.
SPRINT CUP STANDINGS
1. Kyle Busch. . . 12,084-
2. Jeff Burton. . . 22,063-21
3. Dale Earnhardt Jr.. . . 31,939-145
4. Carl Edwards. . . 41,856-228
5. Denny Hamlin. . . 91,800-284
6. Jimmie Johnson. . . 71,799-285
7. Greg Biffle. . . 51,781-303
8. Jeff Gordon. . . 61,767-317
9. Kasey Kahne. . . 121,719-365
10. Kevin Harvick. . . 101,690-394
11. Clint Bowyer. . . 81,679-405
12. Tony Stewart. . . 111,614-470
13. David Ragan. . . 131,607-477
14. Ryan Newman. . . 141,604-480
15. Matt Kenseth. . . 161,580-504
16. Martin Truex Jr.. . . 151,558-526
17. Brian Vickers. . . 191,502-582
18. Travis Kvapil. . . 181,464-620
19. Bobby Labonte. . . 201,455-629
20. Juan Montoya. . . 171,439-645
Up next: Toyota/Save Mart 350, June 22, Infineon Raceway, Sonoma, Calif., 5 p.m.; TV: TNT.
- Bill Fleischman