Ryan Reid scored four of his 13 points in the game's final 1 minute, 20 seconds last night to lead Florida State to a 57-55 victory over No. 23 Florida.
Florida's Dan Werner missed a three-point shot at the buzzer as the visiting Gators lost for the third straight season in this heated intrastate rivalry.
Jordan DeMercy had a career-high 12 points and 7-1 Solomon Alabi added 11 for the Seminoles (8-1), who were coming off their first loss of the season, by 14 points to Northwestern on Wednesday.
Nick Calathes led Florida (6-2) with 16 points; Werner had 10.
The Gators, who trailed for most of the game, went on a 19-4 run midway through the second half to open a 49-43 lead. Alex Tyus' basket midway through the second half completed a 10-0 spurt that gave Florida its first lead, 40-39, since the opening minutes.
Then it was back and forth to the finish until Florida State got the lead for good at 52-51 on Reid's two free throws with 1:20 left.
"When the opportunity came, I just took it," Reid said. "Just like practice."
Florida State won despite shooting 31.4 percent in a game marked by seven lead changes and five ties.
In other games:
* At Louisville, Rick Pitino may have found the point guard he's been looking for in power forward Earl Clark. The junior had 17 points, 14 rebounds and a career-high eight assists as the 11th-ranked Cardinals dominated Ohio University, 91-56, in the Marques Maybin Classic.
Deftly guiding Louisville's offense from the high post, Clark played his best game of the season as the Cardinals (4-1) overwhelmed the Bobcats (3-3). Samardo Samuels led Louisville with 19 points, while Jerome Tillman led Ohio with 21.
Clark briefly left Louisville last spring to test his NBA prospects before returning to school.
* At Michigan State, Chris Allen scored 19 points and the 13th-ranked Spartans got their running game going late to spurt past Bradley, 75-59.
Kalin Lucas had 12 points for Michigan State (5-2), which was coming off one of its most humbling defeats in years, a 35-point loss to North Carolina in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. Theron Wilson scored 16 points for Bradley (4-3).
* At Tulsa, Blake Griffin had 19 points and nine rebounds, and Willie Warren and Tony Crocker added 12 points each as No. 6 Oklahoma (8-0) dominated Tulsa, 69-44. Justin Hurtt scored 10 points to lead the Golden Hurricane (4-4).
* At Arizona State, James Harden had 20 points, nine rebounds and six assists to lead the No. 19 Sun Devils (7-1) past Nebraska, 64-44, in a Pac 10/Big 12 series game. Steve Harley scored 11 points to lead the Cornhuskers (6-1).
* At UCLA, Josh Shipp and Jrue Holiday each scored 14 points as No. 12 UCLA (5-2) routed Cal State Northridge (1-6), 85-67.
* At Loyola (Md.), Bilal Benn (Cardinal Dougherty) scored a career-high 23 points, Benson Egemonye added 21 points and nine rebounds, and Anthony Nelson had a career-best 20 points as Niagara (6-2) opened its Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference schedule with a 91-75 victory over Loyola. Brett Harvey led the Greyhounds with 27 points.
In women's games: