William Penn High's Emmanuel Pittman and Esperanza Academy's Tony Hayward have won Eagles safety Brian Dawkins' tickets for Sunday's game against the Dallas Cowboys.
Pittman is a tight end and cornerback. He is a "B" student and a team captain. He plays basketball and is on the yearbook staff.
"He's an outstanding role model," William Penn coach James Ockiney said. "He leads by example. He's a captain of all captains."
Hayward is a running back and defensive back. "He is one of the hardest-working students I have had as a coach," Esperanza Academy coach John Grone said. "Tony shows great leadership on the field as well as in the classroom. He is humble, disciplined, and determined, which comes from his boxing background. He is a model student."
Dawkins has teamed with the Daily News to present his tickets to local high school football players for each of the Eagles' home games. The players are chosen for their skills on the field, their achievements in the classroom and for exhibiting great character on and off the field.
The winners must attend the Eagles game with an adult chaperone (parents, guardian, coach) and the Eagles also have provided a pair of pregame sideline passes for each winner.
This season's winners, including those at preseason games:
Wk. Athlete High School Pos.GPA
1. Kalid Ways Camden DB/RB3.46
2. Troy Frazier *Camden OL/DL3.5
3. Tyron Ch'seboro Bartram TE/LB2.7
4. Jamel Haggins Franklin TE/MLB3.7
5. Jerry Boyer Penncrest RB/LB3.0
6. Devin Walker Furness CB3.9
7. Daveer Fincher Simon Gratz RB/CB3.4
8. Kalif Walker Frankford QB/DB3.3
8. Terrell Barringer Dobbins Tech RB/CB3.3
9. Chris Wilson Lincoln S/WR/K2.0
9. Grant Graham Roxborough RB/DB/KB
10. Em'nuel Pittman Penn TE/CBB
10. Tony Hayward Esperanza RB/DB2.6