Where: Pimlico Race Course, Baltimore
When: Tomorrow, Post time, 6:09 p.m.
TV: Channel 10
Distance: 1-3/16 miles
Weight: All carry 126 pounds
Purse: $1,000,000 (1st, $650,000; 2nd, $200,000; 3rd, $100,000; 4th, $50,000).
1. Macho Again, jockey Julien Leparoux, trainer Dallas Stewart, odds 20-1. Comments: Won the Derby Trial in fast time. Live closer for the exotics is owned by Terry Finley's West Point Thoroughbreds, of Mount Laurel, N.J.
2. Tres Borrachos, jockey Tyler Baze, trainer Beau Greely, odds 30-1. Comments: Set the pace in the Arkansas Derby and actually came back to be third after being passed in the stretch.
3. Icabad Crane, jockey Jeremy Rose, trainer H. Graham Motion, odds 30-1. Comments: Love the name, not the horse. Won the Tesio in slow time. Rose has the mount, but this is no Afleet Alex.
4. Yankee Bravo, jockey Alex Solis, trainer Patrick Gallagher, odds 15-1. Comments: Will be coming from far back, but has never run remotely fast enough to have any impact in this race.
5. Behindatthebar, jockey David Flores, trainer Todd Pletcher, odds 10-1. Comments: Came from way back to win Lexington Stakes on Polytrack. Poor effort in only regular dirt race.
6. Racecar Rhapsody, jockey Robby Albarado, trainer Kenneth McPeek, odds 30-1. Comments Will be coming from another area code. McPeek is the man who bought Curlin at the sales.
7. Big Brown, jockey Kent Desormeaux, trainer Richard Dutrow Jr., odds 1-2. Comments: Won four races by a combined 33 3/4 lengths. Only Grade I winner in race and has won two of them, including the Kentucky Derby. Overwhelming favorite.
8. Kentucky Bear, jockey Jamie Theriot, trainer Reade Baker, odds 15-1. Comments: Dazzling in debut. Wheeled right back in two major stakes, but had legitimate excuses in both. May have this kind of ability.
9. Stevil, jockey John Velazquez, trainer Nick Zito, odds 30-1. Comments: Was 95-1 in the Louisiana Derby and 68-1 in the Blue Grass, making late runs in both. Was crazy wide in the Blue Grass.
10. Riley Tucker, jockey Egdar Prado, trainer William Mott, odds 30-1. Comments Had every chance to go by tiring pacesetter in the Lexington, but could not do it. May get sucked into the pace.
11. Giant Moon, jockey Ramon Dominguez, trainer Richard Schosberg, odds 30-1. Comments: Won four straight before no show in the Gotham slop. Decent fourth in the Wood Memorial after that.
12. Gayego, jockey Mike Smith, trainer Paulo Lobo, odds 8-1. Comments: Eliminated at the start of the Derby. Should be much closer to the pace and finish somewhere on the board.
13. Hey Byrn, jockey Charles Lopez, trainer Eddie Plesa Jr., odds 20-1. Comments: Owner has family in Baltimore. Plesa said she wanted to come so she could eat some crab cakes. Seems like some expensive crab cakes.