Eagles guard Stacy Andrews was recently involved in a domestic dispute in which his girlfriend told police that Andrews punched her in the face, according to a report filed by police officers in Lumberton Township, Burlington County.

Andrews denied the accusation yesterday.

On the afternoon of Sept. 30, police received a call from a woman stating that she had been struck in the face by her boyfriend, according to the police report obtained by The Inquirer.

Two Lumberton police officers arrived approximately four minutes later at the house where they were met by Brandy Box, Andrews' fiancée. Box stated that "she and her fiance were involved in a verbal dispute when he punched her," the report said. Twenty minutes later, Andrews was transported to the Lumberton Township police department.

The police report said Box did not want to file a request for a restraining order or sign a complaint.

After Box decided not to pursue the matter, Andrews was released.

"I didn't" hit her, Andrews said yesterday. "I'd be locked up and be in big doo-doo if I did."

Box could not be reached for comment.

An Eagles spokesman said the team had no comment.

Lumberton Township police said last night that only police chief Jeffrey Smith was allowed to answer questions. Smith could not be reached for comment last night.

"It was just relationship stuff," Andrews said. "We got into a heated argument. She was going to leave . . . but it ended up being nothing."

Andrews said the couple is still together, but no wedding date has been set.

Normally the Eagles practice on Wednesdays - the day of the incident - but the team had a bye that coming weekend and coach Andy Reid gave the players the week off.

Andrews is in his first season with the Eagles after five seasons in Cincinnati. He has been splitting time at right guard with Max Jean-Gilles. The 28-year-old Andrews had off-season surgery to correct a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, but the Eagles penciled him as a starter after signing him to a six-year, $40 million contract.

The 6-foot-7, 342-pound Andrews, though, who has had to juggle recovering from surgery and learning a new position, lost his starting spot after the opener. He played right tackle with the Bengals and was expected to replace Jon Runyan at that position, but the Eagles decided in April to move his younger brother, Shawn, over from right guard.

When Stacy Andrews was signed as a free agent, the move was also viewed as way to stabilize Shawn, who has admitted to suffering from depression. The Eagles also traded for tackle Jason Peters, who was a college roommate of the younger Andrews. Shawn missed most of training camp last season as he dealt with his depression issues. Two games into the season, he injured his back and was lost for the season after he had surgery to repair a herniated disk.

Shawn Andrews had more back problems during training camp this season and was put on injured reserve, ending his season. He has spent the last several weeks in California rehabilitating his back with a specialist.

Stacy drove his brother to the airport, but said recently that he hadn't spoken to Shawn much since his departure. Stacy, meanwhile, is trying to work his way back into the starting lineup. Reid has been noncommittal.

"We'll see how it works out as we go here," Reid said Monday. "Max is playing well. Max is doing a good job . . . so I don't mind rotating them in there. That's not a problem."