TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - The prosecutor overseeing the investigation of sexual assault allegations against Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston said it is completed.
State Attorney Willie Meggs has scheduled a news conference for 2 p.m. Thursday in his office to announce his findings.
Meggs said investigators have learned as much as they can about the December 2012 incident.
"We think we have exhausted all investigative tools," Meggs said.
Winston has led the Seminoles to the No. 1 ranking, and they'll play for a conference title Saturday, with a shot at the national crown. The quarterback also is the leading candidate for the Heisman, and many voters are waiting to see whether Winston will be charged with a crime before casting their ballots. The deadline for Heisman ballots to be turned in is Dec. 9.
ESPN has previously reported that DNA belonging to Winston was found in the underwear of the accuser. A lawyer for Winston has suggested that the star quarterback and the accuser had consensual sex. But the family of the victim has accused the 19-year-old of rape.