In a little more than six hours Sunday morning, one person was killed and seven others injured in a series of shootings and stabbings in Philadelphia, police said.

The violence began shortly after 1 a.m. when police were called to a home in the 2100 block of Dickinson Street in Point Breeze and found a 43-year-old woman shot in the stomach. She was taken to Penn Presbyterian Medical Center in critical condition, police said.

A suspect was taken into custody around 20th and Reed Streets, said police, who provided no other information.

At 1:20 a.m., in the city’s Strawberry Mansion neighborhood, police said they found a 26-year-old man stabbed in the abdomen and back on the 2500 block of North Douglas Street. He was taken in stable condition to Temple University Hospital. Police said no weapon was recovered and no one had been arrested.

Ten minutes later, a 45-year-old man was reported stabbed by a woman he knows on the 1800 block of South Hicks Street in Point Breeze, police said. He got himself to Methodist Hospital, where he was in stable condition Sunday afternoon, police said. No arrest had been made.

Police responding to a 2:53 a.m. call on the 7300 block of Castor Avenue in the Rhawnhurst section found that a 17-year-old male had been shot in the left hip and taken by private vehicle to Jefferson Frankford Hospital in stable condition. An investigation by the Northeast Detectives Division continues.

More than two hours later, police said, they found a woman in her 30s shot in the head, body and buttock on the 3400 block of North 11th Street in Franklinville. She was pronounced dead at 5:33 a.m. at Temple University Hospital. No arrest had been made.

At 6:16 a.m., a 27-year-old man was shot in the right shoulder on the 1300 block of South Ringgold Street in Point Breeze. Police took him to Penn Presbyterian Medical Center in stable condition. No arrest had been made.

And at 7:25 a.m., a 39-year-old man was stabbed in the abdomen and a 61-year-old woman was cut on the right arm on the 2300 block of College Avenue in Fairmount, police said. He was taken to Hahnemann University Hospital, she to Albert Einstein Medical Center. Their conditions were not available.

Police said a suspect was in custody.