DEMARCUS HOLLAND scored on a stickback of his own free throw with 4.1 seconds left to help visiting Texas hold on and beat No. 14 North Carolina, 86-83, last night.
Holland finished with 15 points for the Longhorns (10-1), who survived a missed three-pointer from UNC's Marcus Paige on the final play to earn their sixth straight win.
Isaiah Taylor scored 16 points to lead Texas.
Paige scored 23 points to lead UNC (7-3).
North Carolina guard Leslie McDonald scored 15 points off the bench in his first game for the Tar Heels, after being cleared by the NCAA to resume playing.
The NCAA says the impermissible benefits received by McDonald from "numerous individuals" during this spring and summer include the use of luxury cars, payment of parking tickets, a cellphone and lodging.
He sat out nine games and must repay $1,783 to a charity of his choice before his last regular-season game.
Teammate P.J. Hairston also has not played during an eligibility review by the school and the NCAA.
* At Hartford, Conn., Chasson Randle had 22 points and Stanford (8-2) won, 53-51, over No. 10 Connecticut (9-1), which got 15 points from DeAndre Daniels.
* At Ohio State, LaQuinton Ross scored 19 points to lead the No. 3 Buckeyes (11-0) past Delaware, 76-64.
* At Baylor, Kenny Chery scored 12 of his 20 points in overtime as the No. 14 Bears (9-1) posted a 91-84 win over Northwestern State (4-6).
* At Ohio, Maxie Escho had 16 points and 10 rebounds as No. 22 Massachusetts (10-0) beat the Bobcats, 83-71.
* At San Diego State, Xavier Thames scored 16 points, Josh Davis had 13 points and 14 rebounds, and Aqeel Quinn added 14 points as the Aztecs (8-1) defeated Southern Utah, 76-39.
* Southern Illinois coach Barry Hinson said he apologized to starting point guard Marcus Fillyaw for calling him "absolutely awful" in a 73-65 loss at Murray State in a tirade Tuesday night that went viral, but stood by his comments that his players were "uncoachable" and "a bunch of mama's boys" and comparing the disciplining of his young team to housebreaking a puppy.