The weekend gossip roundup
Please, Jen: TMI! Please, Biebs: retire!
THIS IS the week that was, in gossip-page goings-on:
Jennifer Lawrence revealed that she'd once left a gag gift of sex toys in a hotel room and returned to find them artfully arranged on her bedside table. Boy, was her face red.
Rupert Murdoch's News of the World hacked the phones of Kate Middleton and Prince William.
Justin Bieber went on the radio in LA and said he planned to retire from music. Wait, he still plays music?
"Duck Dynasty" troglodyte Phil Robertson was suspended by cable network A&E for anti-gay comments. Sarah Palin then took to Facebook to voice support for him, saying "Those 'intolerants' hatin' and taking on the Duck Dynasty patriarch for voicing his personal opinion are taking on all of us."
Pottstown-grown Daryl Hall and North Wales-bred John Oates will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, along with the following rockers who are not from around here: Kiss, Linda Ronstadt, Peter Gabriel, Cat Stevens and Nirvana.
Former Disney Channel star Dylan Sprouse ("The Suite Life of Zack & Cody") took some naked selfies, which ended up on Tumblr.
The always upbeat Charlie Sheen slashed apart a wedding souvenir baseball bat commemorating his marriage to former wife, Denise Richards. Why? He blamed her for separating him from their kids at Christmas.
We learned that Lindsay Lohan is working on a memoir and that over the weekend she had the honor of introducing Miley Cyrus at the Madison Square Garden Jingle Ball. According to the New York Daily News, Lindsay had this to say about Miley: "This past year, we've seen a whole new side of her."
* Lady Sister, a/k/a Pippa Middleton, became engaged to her banker lover, Nico Jackson, while they were on holiday in India.
* Michaele Salahi, White House crasher and a "Real Housewife of D.C." got hitched Sunday to her honey, Journey guitarist Neal Schon, in a pay-per-view ceremony - $14.95 for three hours.
* Kelly Rowland, "X Factor" judge and former Destiny's Child member, got engaged while on vacation in Bulgaria during a Skype chat with her lovah and manager, Tim Witherspoon.
* Colin Farrell said this week that he had a "kind of romantic" but unconsummated relationship with Elizabeth Taylor. Yes, that Elizabeth Taylor.
* Khloe Kardashian wasted zero time after filing for divorce from estranged hubby Lamar Odom. The New York Daily News reported that Kardashian was rumored to be dating Los Angeles Dodger Matt Kemp.