1. Sunday's game in Detroit is the eighth of 18 sets of back to backs the Flyers will play this season. The Flyers are 5-3 in the first game and 5-1-1 in the second.
2. With eight wins in a row, the Flyers are aiming for their first nine-game win streak since April 2-22, 1995.
3. This will be the second of a current five-game home stand for the Red Wings, who kicked if off with Friday's 4-1 loss to Columbus. The Flyers are 1-0-1 against Detroit, winning 4-3 in overtime on Nov. 2 at the Wells Fargo Center and suffering a shootout 3-2 loss at home on Nov. 8. Sunday will be the final time these two will meet this season.
4. With Brayden Schenn scoring three power play goals in Saturday's 4-2 win over Dallas, the Flyers took over the NHL lead in power play percentage. They have scored 28 power play goals in 112 chances (25 percent).
5. Schenn's three power play goals equaled a franchise record done four times previously. Here are the other four times a Flyers player has accomplished that feat.
- Tim Kerr vs. Los Angeles, November 3, 1985
- Tim Kerr vs. Chicago, November 20, 1986
- Brian Propp at Minnesota, October 13, 1988