1. Cleanse skin using a gentle, hydrating face wash. Some cleansers are drying, so it's important to find one that works for you. Try Origins A Perfect World Antioxidant Cleanser With White Tea, $24, origins.com.
2. Serums are great, adding a layer of moisture that lasts all day and giving skin a fresher, younger, healthier appearance. Apply to the entire face or just areas that get very dry. Try Oille Organic Anti-Aging Face Serum, $78 and $98, rodales.com.
3. Find a moisturizer that is right for you. For dry skin, I recommend Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+, $26, clinique.com. It adds the right amount of moisture and absorbs nicely into the skin.
4. Primers are great alone or to prepare skin for makeup. I highly recommend Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Hydrating Primer, $36, sephora.com, and Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water, $32, ulta.com, which feels cooling on the skin.
5. A humidifier is not essential, but having one in your bedroom while you sleep moisturizes the air and helps prevent skin from drying out.
6. Drinking water moisturizes your skin from the inside out. Drink lots all year.