Soft-glam makeup tutorial for the holidays, easy to create using many affordable products. If you recreate this look make sure to #elleholidaylook on Instagram so I can see how great you look!
1. Using a blending brush, apply a plum colored eye shadow to the crease of the lid like this one from the LORAC Mega PRO Palette 2 in Cabernet, Ulta.com, $59.
2. Apply a cream base to the lid so the glitter will stick better and blend out. Try NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, $4.50, nyxcosmetics.com.
3. With a flat synthetic brush press a white glitter onto the lid. Try Jesse’s Girl Pure Pigment Eye Dust in Pixi Dust, Jessesgirlcosmetics.com, $4.99.
4. Apply ‘Cabernet’ along the lower lash-line.
5. For a more dramatic look, line your eyes using NYX Matte Liquid Liner, Nyxcosmetics.com, $7.
6. To open up the eyes, apply some more glitter to the inner corner of the eyes and follow with mascara.
7. Finish off the look with a nude or bold lip. I used a classic red, this is Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in
Candy Apple, anastasiabeverlyhills.com, $20. I recommend a liquid lipstick because the formula lasts long on the lips, it’s matte (non-shiny), and doesn’t smudge.