DN Sports Quiz results: The Sixers' last title
Congrats to this week's DN Sports Quiz winner.
Congratulations to Dan Roche, who answered 10 out of 10 questions correct and was randomly chosen as the winner of this week's DN Sports Quiz on the 1983 Sixers.
Bruce Parlow also got 10 out of 10 questions correct.
Come back Monday for your next chance to play to win.
Here are the questions and answers to last week's quiz and don't forget to download our free Sixers ebook.
1. Almost every night, the five starters were Moses Malone, Andrew Toney, Julius Erving, Maurice Cheeks and who?
2. Who was the team's leading scorer?
3. The Sixers went 12-1 in their three playoff series. Which opponent won the game?
4. Which of the Sixers' players was famous for loving chocolate chip cookies?
5. Where did Bobby Jones go to college?
6. Moses Malone won the MVP in 1983 with the Sixers after winning it in 1982 with Houston. Who is the only other player in a major North American sport to win consecutive MVPs in different cities?
7. What did Sixers owner Harold Katz famously do at the celebration after the championship parade?
Kissed Andrew Toney.
Kissed Moses Malone's feet.
Gave coach Billy Cunningham a contract extension.
Asked people to buy season tickets.
8. In which of these statistical categories was Moses Malone not the NBA leader that year?
Free throws attempted
9. What player did the Sixers trade away to New Jersey in the deal that paved the way for Moses Malone's acquisition?
10. Moses Malone and what other player each averaged a double-double in the NBA Finals that year?