Healthy family recipe: Homemade tortilla chips
Making your own tortilla chips is easy and fun! Skip the bagged variety of tortilla chips and try this simple, low-fat version instead.
Do you have leftover tortillas in your refrigerator? Making your own tortilla chips is easy and fun! Skip the bagged variety of tortilla chips and try this simple, low-fat version instead.
Homemade Tortilla Chips
8, 6-inch corn tortillas
1/8 tsp. salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spray tortillas on each side lightly with the cooking spray.
3. Stack the tortillas and cut into quarters using a knife or pizza cutter.
4. On a baking sheet, evenly lay the cut tortillas and sprinkle with the salt. Pieces should not overlap.
5. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until lightly browned and crispy.
Serving size: 4 servings, 8 chips each
Have a question for the Healthy Kids panel? Ask it here. Read more from the Healthy Kids blog »