If you are you looking for a new idea for meatless Mondays or a quick healthy dinner during the busy holiday season this recipe is for you! These delicious quesadillas are packed with protein from the beans and cheese and full of fiber from the whole grain tortillas, beans and spinach.
Spinach and Refried Bean Quesadillas
1. Spread the refried beans evenly over 1 tortilla
2. Spread the spinach leaves over the refried beans
3. Sprinkle the cheese over the spinach
4. Place the second tortilla on top and carefully transfer quesadilla to a medium/large pan and place on the stove top
5. Cook the quesadilla over medium heat. Once the tortilla begins to brown on one side, carefully flip with a spatula
6. Once slightly brown on both sides and cheese is melted, remove from heat and place on cutting board
7. Cut into 6 slices (a pizza cutter works great if you have one), serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!