- "He's just in a real good zone," Ryne Sandberg said of Chase Utley.
"And we all need to stay out of that zone to avoid being lined into left center." Sandberg looked over at Utley, who was staring into a mirror until it cracked. "Look, we're all very scared, okay?"
- Chase isn't the only Phillie with his mojo working. Jimmy Rollins nearly swagged a hole in the universe with a walk-ff home run/heckler curse-out this weekend.
- EXTRA! EXTRA! Yasiel Puig attacks teammate in Dodgers' dugout! Teammate responds by hitting Puig in skull with bat! Authorities cannot confirm when Puig's violent rampage will end! National baseball writers rushing to pen columns vindicating their weird public shamings!
- Joe Blanton's long con finally comes to a multi-million dollar close.
- Yankees Baseball: Catch the Fever!
- A 49ers linebacker casually mentioned that oh, that's right, he does have an explosive device with him as he attempts to board a plane.
- You did it, Bubba Watson. You got Drake's approval.
- Stephen Strasburg, Danny Espinosa, and GM Mike Rizzo of the Nationals were not impressed by the Braves as Atlanta maintained its first place status and destroyed Washington 10-1 yesterday. Hardball Talk's Craig Calcaterra broke this concept down while only sort of blatantly revealing his Braves homerisim: