- If you thought mock drafts were getting old, Grantland's Bryan Curtis has a rebuttal for you:
Yes, it seems somebody was penning that final not-real draft of the year with tears in his eyes, thinking about all those mock drafts from his childhood when he'd bound downstairs that magical morning once a year, and nothing would be different because mock drafts don't change anything.
"But the most appealing thing about a mock draft is simpler than all that. As it turns out, a mock draft is more exciting than the actual draft. (The revelation is similar to the one that fantasy baseball often beats real baseball.)"
In the future, a mere "LEAVE ME ALONE; I'M HAVING FUN" will suffice.
- People don't need a "mock drafts are serious business" article to treat the draft seriously.
- Charles Barkley, giving a how-to on the consumption of churros.
- Helluva game in Burlington last night.
- There are at least 130 Jaguars fans, Jaguars fans are happy to announce after performing what I assume is a global search.
- The Patriots are allowing knee-jerk jersey-purchasers a 25% discount on a second jersey if the player whose jersey they buy leaves the team within a year. Which is nice, in case any former star abruptly has to leave the team for some unforeseeable reason.
- FINALLY the Taiwanese got a hold of the Jameis Winston/shoplifting story.