2. Connecticut (10-0): Overcame an 11-point deficit with 12 minutes left at Seattle's Key Arena and beat Gonzaga, 88-83, in OT.
3. Pittsburgh (12-0): Won, 56-48, yesterday at Florida State, their first road game.
4. Oklahoma (11-0): Beat VCU, 87-70, in the Jeff Capel game. As part of his contract at VCU, his next school had to play a home-and-home with his former school, if he left. Thus, OU-VCU.
5. Duke (10-1): Played a perfect first half against Xavier at the Meadowlands and won, 82-64, a deceivingly close score. It was 18-1 and then 55-24 at the half.
6. Wake Forest (10-0): More young talent than any team in the ACC. This is the team the late Skip Prosser recruited and they are making him proud.
7. Georgetown (8-1): Played its worst game of the season in 69-58 win over game Mount St. Mary's.
8. Gonzaga (8-2): Shot 50 percent against one of the better defensive teams in America. Just ran out of players at the end due to foulouts.
9. Minnesota (10-0): Tubby Smith beat his old friend Rick Pitino and his team got a signature win, 70-64, over Louisville in the Stadium Shootout Doubleheader in Glendale, Ariz.
10. Louisville (7-2): Travel nightmare after beating Ole Miss in Cincinnati Thursday night. The Cardinals are much better than their record and will eventually show it.
11. Ohio State (8-0): Buckeyes' defense has been among the best in the country. Beat a tough Iona team, 71-53.
12. Butler (9-1): Bulldogs lost all those terrific players and are doing it again. Only loss was by three to Ohio State. Beat Florida Gulf Coast, 73-53.
13. Baylor (9-1): Came from nine points down in the second half to beat UT Arlington, 79-76. Only loss to Wake.
14. Arizona State (9-1): Potential game-winner by BYU waved off after it was initially ruled good and ASU won, 76-75, giving Cougars their first loss.
15. Clemson (12-0): Nice win at Miami, 91-72.