5 stories to follow: April 18
Here's your look at five stories to know about before the weekend:
1. Search for missing woman: A year after 31-year-old Melissa Ortiz-Rodriguez went missing, authorities continue to search for the Collingdale mother of two. On Saturday, her family and friends plans to light candles, distribute posters and pray in hopes that she will be located.
2. Easter weekend: Today is Good Friday, and Sunday is Easter. Here's a rundown of what's open and closed today, and round-ups of Easter events in the Philadelphia region.
3. Stanley Cup playoffs: The New York Rangers defeated the Flyers in the first game of the playoff series Thursday night. The two teams meet again Sunday at noon.
4. DeGennaro memorial: A fundraiser for a memorial in honor of slain Levittown musician Danny DeGennaro will take place Saturday in Fairless Hills.
5. Coatesville development: Coatesville officials are again seeking proposals to develop a property called the Flats, saying the project could be a major revitalization initiative in Chester County.