5 stories to follow: April 29
Here's your daily look at five stories we're following:
1. Dropped sting files: Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane says she will turn over all files from a controversial dropped sting operation to the Philadelphia District Attorney's Office this week. Kane has come under fire for ending the investigation, which reportedly caught Philadelphia-area public officials on tape accepting cash or gifts.
2. Meek Mill trial: Rapper Meek Mill testified Monday in his federal lawsuit against Philadelphia and two police officers over an October 2012 traffic stop. The trial continues today.
3. Flood alert: Get ready for some rain: The National Weather Service is warning Philadelphia-area residents that a flood watch is in place for the region from tonight through Friday morning, with three to five inches of rain possible.
4. Medical pot: A study being published today finds that medical marijuana has mixed results in treating neurological disorders.
5. Stanley Cup playoffs: The Flyers face the New York Rangers in Game 6 of their playoff series tonight at the Wells Fargo Center. The Rangers are leading the Metropolitan Division semifinals, 3-2.