5 stories to follow: Dec. 3
Here's your daily look at five stories to know about:
1. Giving Tuesday: After Black Friday and Cyber Monday, today is Giving Tuesday. The day encourages people to donate and volunteer during the holiday season. Here are 10 ways to participate in #GivingTuesdayPHL.
2. Luukko resigns: Peter Luukko has resigned as president and chief operating officer at Comcast-Spectacor. Dave Scott, a retired Comcast executive vice president, has been named acting president of the company, which owns the Flyers and runs sports stadiums.
3. Mixed reviews for updated health exchange site: The Obama administration says major fixes have been made to HealthCare.gov, but the updated health exchange site is getting mixed reviews. Officials had promised a much-improved site by the end of November.
4. Tree lightings: It's the season for Christmas tree lightings in Philadelphia, with festivities getting started tonight at Rittenhouse Square. Also on tap are the City Christmas Tree Lighting on Wednesday and the East Passyunk tree lighting on Thursday.
5. Tuition and immigration: New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has outlined his objections to a bill that would offer in-state college tuition rates to undocumented immigrants, but says he would sign the measure if legislators made amendments. State Senate President Stephen Sweeney says he won't change the bill.