Here's your daily look at five stories to know about today:
1. Bail hearing for church official: A bail hearing is scheduled for today for Monsignor William Lynn, the Philadelphia church official whose conviction on child-endangerment charges for his handling of priest sex-abuse complaints was overturned last week. Victim advocates plan to demonstrate outside the Criminal Justice Center today.
2. Eagles in the playoffs: The Eagles 24-22 victory over the Dallas Cowboys Sunday night gave the Birds the NFC East title and puts the team in the playoffs. The Eagles will face the New Orleans Saints for a wild-card game Saturday at Lincoln Financial Field.
3. Pets and the holidays: Still have holiday goodies around the house? If you have pets, be extra careful: The winter holiday season is one of the busiest times of the year for veterinary hospitals, as pets devour treats, decorations and other seasonal items.
4. Iconic eatery for sale: The owner of the popular Ocean City restaurant the Chatterbox is planning to sell the property.
5. 2014 restaurant forecast: The Insider takes a look ahead at what's in store for the Philadelphia restaurant scene in 2014.