#PhillyFive Developing Stories: Dec. 31, 2014
Your early look at five of the day's developing stories.
1. New Year's Eve festivities: Events are planned around the region to ring in 2015. Chilly weather is forecasted for the celebrations and area public transit systems will be running adjusted schedules to accommodate New Year's Eve revelers.
2. New Mummers route: Philadelphia's flagship New Year's Day event, the Mummers Parade, has a new route this year. Here are the details and other need-to-know info if you're heading to the parade along Broad Street.
3. Comcast rates rising: Comcast says Xfinity customers in the Philadelphia area will see higher television, internet and phone bills starting Thursday.
4. Fatal police-involved shooting: Police in Delaware County fatally shot a man who posted threats against officers as they tried to arrest him. Joseph Pacini used "his car as a weapon" against the arresting officers, police say.
5. Gas tax: Pennsylvania's tax on gasoline wholesalers is rising by 9.8 cents per gallon on Thursday, which could lead to higher prices at the pump for motorists.