Here's your look at five stories we're following today:
1. Aid to A.C.: A state Senate committee is expected to hold a preliminary vote on a financial stabilization plan for Atlantic City.
2. Bridge panel: The special committee reviewing the George Washington Bridge lane closures scandal is set to meet. The panel is slated to decide whether to make public an interim report that found no evidence Christie played a role in the scheme that caused massive traffic back-ups.
3. LAX shooter in court: Paul Ciancia, the South Jersey man facing charges in a deadly shooting at the Los Angeles International Airport last year, is scheduled to appear in court for a status hearing today. Prosecutors could disclose whether they will seek to the death penalty for Ciancia, accused of killing a Transportation Security Administration officer and wounding three others.
4. Charter school hearings: Public hearings on the applications for 40 new charter schools in Philadelphia are set to begin today.
5. SEPTA upgrades: Testing on SEPTA's long-awaited smart card system is beginning this month.