#PhillyFive Developing stories: Dec. 9, 2014
Your early look at five of the day's developing stories.
Here's your look at five stories we're following today:
1. Firefighter death: A female firefighter was killed battling an overnight blaze in Philadelphia's West Oak Lane section.
2. Nor'easter: A nor'easter is bringing heavy rain and strong wind to the region today, with some flooding possible.
3. L&I changes: City Council is scheduled to hold a hearing today on Council President Darrell Clarke's plan to reform the Department of Licenses and Inspections, a proposal competing with Mayor Nutter's recommneded changes for the department.
4. Verdict in slaying of Penn star: A Delaware County judge is expected to issue a verdict today in the nonjury trial of Maria Garcia-Pellon, accused of killing her husband, former University of Pennsylvania basketball star Matt White.
5. Cheltenham "monitor:" The Cheltenham school board is set to adopt a resolution tonight to hire a "monitor" to oversee Superintendent Natalie Thomas due to concerns about her "leadership, trustworthiness and lack of transparency."