Stories from around the Web that we're reading this morning.
1. The two secret heros of the US-Cuba deal: Pope Francis and Canada. The Great White North provided a safe and secure forum for talks. The Pope brought Cuban leaders to the negotiating table. Via Vox.com.
2) The biggest bills Philadelphia paid in 2014. NextCity's Alexis Stephens finds big bucks flowing to highway paver Tony DePaul and Son ($34.4 million), gasoline provider Mansfield Oil ($24.1 million), and general contractor Seravalli ($24 million).
3) Ex- NJ chef accused of spitting in food rejects plea offer. He allegedly expectorated onto a dish returned to the kitchen for further cooking. Stay classy, Mount Olive. Via NJ.com.
4) Way beyond Brownies: Vice launches a marijuana cooking show. Via NPR.
5) Philadelphia places three eateries on OpenTable's Diners' Choice 2014 Best Restaurants in America. Ranked among the top 100 are Abe Fisher, Laurel, and Talulah's Daily Secret Supper Club.