What we're reading this morning.
1) An attempt by Philly Mag to figure out what's up with our obsession with putting a "Ph" or a "Phila" or a "Philly" into every word we can.
2) Philly cab drivers and apps that let people "e-hail" a taxi? That's what Technical.ly Philly is saying. How about we do away with haggling over using a credit card first?
3) When it comes to winning the lottery in New Jersey, all you need is a dollar and a dream — and a family member who works at a corner store. That's what some are investigating, according to the Asbury Park Press.
4) Blah, blah, the city is considering waiving the smoking ban for four nightclubs, blah, blah. The real kicker in this KYW Newsradio story: Former Councilman Frank DiCicco is a consultant now for the strip club, Club Risque!
5) Dick Allen is up for the Hall of Fame today through a special exemption. The New York Times' columnist William C. Rhoden says the former Philly great needs no special exemption. He's a Hall of Famer as much as anybody. (Also, Philly didn't treat Allen very well.)